Saturday, January 13, 2007

....and she's off!!!

Tonight is another night with me at the wheel. C left for work at 4:15, and the kids and I were playing downstairs. H2 was starting to get hungry, so I brought her upstairs for dinner.
H1 followed a few minutes later.

"Daddy, I'm thirsty."
"Where is your cup, Bud?"
"Downstairs."
"Can you go downstairs and get it for me, so I can re-fill it for you?"
"No. You go get it Daddy."

I smirked.

He ended up going downstairs for it, though. He is starting to realize things, like the alternative to not getting his cup. You can't re-fill a cup that's not there.
Shortly after I fed H2, there was a dire need for a diaper change. It always seems to happen when C is not around. (that's probably just my own biased opinion) ;)

Time to scrub my hands, and start worrying about what to make for supper for H1 and I. Fried egg sandwiches it is. We finished dinner by 5:15. I thought taking the kids out for a special treat was in order. I made a quick phone call to friends of mine in Fonthill, and met up for coffees. One adult to 2 kids ratio is quite a challenge, but manageable. After the kids sampled a few Timbits, and H1 polished off his chocolate milk, we were ready to go.

Time-check......6:45.

Home..........7:00
H2 in bed....7:10
H1 in bed....7:30
Me.....soon after I post.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Time check....11:23pm I am home from work and I really could use a timbit and a chocolate milk.

Powered By Blogger