Sunday, February 4, 2007

IPM Course

This past Friday I was scheduled to have an IPM course with two co-workers. Surprise, OMAFRA rescheduled.
Earlier.
Wednesday.
It was originally to be greenhouse and nursery combined, but one of the teachers couldn't make it. It was now a greenhouse course. I found out in short order that it was indeed another refresher course for me. I had this course before, working in a different greenhouse.

IPM: Integrated Pest Management

"A philosophy/strategy of pest control that integrates all available tactics to reduce pest populations to an acceptable level in cost-effective, environmentally rational manner"

It is always nice to have refresher courses, it helps keep things mentally fresh. Now I have First Aid renewed and IPM rehashed. Hopefully I will be sent for a Pesticide Safety Re-Certification next. Mine just recently expired.

No comments:

Powered By Blogger