Friday, February 16, 2007

The Snow Fort

So here is the snow fort as of Feb.16'07. It all started on Jan.28'07, with a nice little accumulation of snow. I had a great idea to build a snow fort. The little hill worked pretty good for the sled, for the kids and me. That was before we got the 1.5' to 2' of snow this past weekend. Poor H1 couldn't walk in the yard as his waist was below snow level. I pulled him on the sled for a few laps, but I too tired out. The snow was past my knees! H1 asked me to shovel the deck so he could ride his bike. Of course I obliged, knowing what I had in store for him.

This afternoon, I was done work at 12:00. After a few errands, I started digging. And digging. And digging! When all was said and done, H1 and I could fit in the fort together. No standing room though! I was paid the best compliments ever! "You are the GREATEST, Daddy!!!!" and "This fort is soooo cool!"

I love to come home to break up the monotony of work. Our main focus has been grafting, but I keep eyeing up the snow drifts between the cold-frames to play in!!



No comments:

Powered By Blogger