Sunday, February 4, 2007

Winter Wonderland








If you enjoy the great outdoors like we do, it only takes -15' temps to keep you inside. Every time we get another snowfall, I shovel the deck onto one spot. My ultimate plan is to make a big snow fort, or igloo. So far, the pile is 3.5 feet deep, 6 feet long and 4 feet wide at the widest. It is still blowing outside right now, so we will be able to add to it. It makes for a decent slide as well. I am glad I started when I did.

Next step? Add water in the evening to give the fort a good solid layer. Then add more snow. Then another shot of water. By the time I am done, I hope to have a fort that both kids can stand in, with room to spare so mom and dad can play in it too!! Now to convince mom!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'C' actually did spent one night "trying" to sleep in a Quinzhee along with the rest of our Venture Company, It was only minus 25 and it was nice and comfy inside. But, If I remember correctly, I was the only one who slept through the entire night. The rest of the Company crawled out of their sleeping bags and went into the house around 3 am,something about cold feet, I think.
(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quinzhee)

Powered By Blogger