Saturday, June 30, 2007

Propagation

Now at work I am referred to as "Propagation Pete". In the prop group, that is. I guess I am technically assistant propagator Pete, alongside Lindsay the other assistant and our fearless leader, Propagator Paul.

June 25th was really my first day. So far my tasks have been sticking cuttings, moving cuttings, and prepping plants for potting. We root a lot of our own plants, for our home farm, as well as the Main farm. This means that if the other farm is ready for planting, we have to prep all the cuttings, put them on racks, and send them over to the other farm. This coming week we will be sending over all of the grafts that we grafted this past winter to main farm. A few 53' trailers and all the grafted under stock will be there. Then our flowering shrub cuttings will be next. It looks like I keep moving into the faster paced parts of the nursery, even as the pace picks up! What a rush! Fortunately my Spanglish is also improving!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Does that mean I can call you P.P.?

Powered By Blogger